1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags but wrapping paper if I’m feeling fancy.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real tree but I have an artificial one up this year.
3. When do you put up the tree?
I try to put it up December 1st.
4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Years Day
5. Do you like eggnog?
No way! I don’t like creamy drinks, especially ones with alcohol ie: white russian
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I can’t remember but it was probably something Spice Girls related. (ha ha)
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad. He never wants anything!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not in my apartment but my mother always puts one up.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail all the way. I think it’s so much more personal.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I wouldn’t say it was the worst but I got a snuggie one year. The most useless thing ever. It was made of a thin material and my back was always cold.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Grinch (incase you didn’t read my blogmas post) and The Polar Express
13. When do you start your Christmas Shopping?
14. Lights on the tree?
Yes, I like white lights but as a kid I always wanted colored ones.
15. Favorite Christmas song?
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I always travel at Christmas. This year my husband and I made the executive decision not to go home. I know our families are disappointed but it makes sense for us this year. Plus I haven’t seen him for 3 months and I really don’t want to spend all our time traveling.
17. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Absolutely! I work with kids so it’s kind of a requirement.
18. Angel on the tree top or a star?
An angel. Every year my brother and I used to fight over the tree topper. He always liked the star.
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. I feel like if you open presents on Christmas Eve you miss out on the Christmas magic. Plus how can Santa leave you presents if you’ve already opened them?
20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
This may be controversial but people doing nice things for the less fortunate. Why does it have to be Thanksgiving or Christmas for you to buy toys for children in need? Or to volunteer at a soup kitchen. We should be doing this all year round.
21. Favorite ornament, theme or color?
My mom buys me an ornament every year so all of them hold a special place in my heart.
22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
Yorkshire puddings! It’s an English thing.
23. Gingerbread or sugar cookies?
Fresh, soft gingerbread cookies. An old coworker of mine used to make gingersnaps and they were like crack.
24. Do you like fruitcake?
Only my grandmothers, probably because she slices it so thin.