It’s my belief that a playlist can make or break a workout. Think about that feeling you get when you realize you’ve left your headphones at home.
You need something that’s going to keep your heart rate up and help you power through your workout. In order to do that the songs need to be between 120-140 BPM (beats per minute). If you’re a runner the songs should be above 150 BPM. These are a few of my favorites.
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift 160 BPM
- Mr. Brightside by The Killers 150 BPM
- Work Hard Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa 140 BPM
- 23 by Mike Will Made-It 140 BPM
- Don’t Phunk With My Heart by the Black Eyed Peas 130 BPM
- Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke 120 BPM
- Don’t Stop Believin by Journey 119 BPM
Personally, I listen to remixes because I get bored with songs really easily while working out and I love bass! You know it’s all about the bass no treble 🙂 A great app for mixes is Fit Radio. You can choose the genre and the dj. A must have for the gym.
Do you have any favorite workout songs?