Anyone who has done a decent amount of traveling knows the importance of taking products that have multiple uses. Coconut oil is one of them. It contains lauric acid which kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Coconut oil also starts out as a soil but quickly turns into a liquid once it starts to get warm, so I’d be very careful when packing it.
These are a few uses for coconut oil when you’re traveling.
- Moisturizer (face,body, and hair)
- Make-up remover
- Shaving cream
- Soothe sunburns
- Start a fire (use instead of lighter fluid)
- Cooking oil
- Base for a salad dressing
- Cough drops
- Put on minor cuts and scrapes
- Put on itchy bug bites
- Sunscreen (it’s only SPF 4)
There are so many more uses but I wanted to keep it travel specific. What are your thoughts on coconut oil? Let me know in the comments.