Do you ever have those days where you can’t be bothered to make breakfast? Like after a long night of partying? Sorry to sound like an infomercial but this quick 3 ingredient breakfast is great! It’s mind blowingly simple. The egg provides protein and who doesn’t love bacon?
It’s also easy to customize. Swap out the bacon for sausage, add broccoli or sprinkle some cheese on top. Anything you want! You can even throw them in your bag for a post workout snack. *This may be a little cholesterol heavy if you eat more than one at a time but you can always substitute the egg for egg whites. My favorite is the one by Egg Beaters.
1 strip of bacon (you can always add more if needed)
1/3 cup of diced green pepper
minced garlic or garlic power
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Dice the green pepper and bacon *forgot to take a picture of the bacon oops!
- Combine the bacon and green pepper in a small mixing bowl
- In a regular-size muffin pan place muffin liners then add your bacon mixture to cover 3/4 of each cup
- Crack a single egg on top of each bacon mixture or pour on your egg whites
- Optional: Sprinkle the top of each egg with minced chives and a pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, remove from oven and serve
I did have to cook my “muffins” a little longer because my eggs hadn’t set. I would recommend using silicon muffin liners too if you have them because the paper ones get soggy from the bacon fat.
Quick, easy, and portable. Can’t get much better than that.
What are some of your favorite lazy girl breakfasts? Comment below or share with me on Twitter or Instagram @step_onmyknee.