I’d always heard of county fairs frying snacks that were already fattening. Snicker bars, Milky Ways, bacon, and the ever famous Twinkie just to name a few. I just recently found out there is now a man frying beer! (Yes the alcoholic beverage) Anyway, last night I was watching the Jacksonville vs San Diego game when my friend casually suggested “Hey do you want some fried Oreos?” I wasn’t sure how to respond. I thought those deep-fried delights were only offered at the fair. But he showed me how to make them at my apartment and now I’m sharing it with you. Surprisingly they taste like beignets.
- pancake mix (we used Aunt Jemima Buttermilk)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- cooking oil(we used vegetable)
- Start by heating a small pot of oil heated on the stove. You don’t have to place a lot of oil, maybe about a cup and a half.
- Next proceed like you are going to make pancakes. You can use a small bowl.
- Then cover your Oreo in some powdered sugar, shake off the excess. Place it in your pancake batter. Use a fork to flip the Oreo over to make sure it’s fully coated.
- Place the pancake battered Oreo in the hot oil. If the oil starts popping it’s too hot. Turn the Oreo over a few times until it’s golden brown.
- After take it out and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
Enjoy!!! This would go great with milk. Ps: This is good hangover food.